Saturday 22 September 2012

On publishing Embers of the Sun

The first novel I read, when I was about 15, was Wilbur Smith's 'When the Lions Feed.' I knew from the moment I finished reading it, I wanted to captivate readers with my own stories. Thanks, Wilbur, I've read every one of your books, a hundred times or more, and have no doubt I will read them again!

I live and write, in the beautiful Scenic Rim Region, in southeast Queensland, Australia. My small property is surrounded by rolling hills, with dramatic mountains in the backdrop. With misty mornings, spectacular sunsets, and the Milky Way just beyond my fingertips in the evenings, it is very hard not to be inspired. Daily.


According to my family, I was 'born with a pen in my hand' and lived in an imaginative world for most of my childhood. Ha! 


Have just published an ebook 'Embers of the Sun'. 


'Embers of the Sun' is an urban fantasy fiction, set in Australia, available as an ebook for Apple iPad/iBooks, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and most e-reading apps including Stanza, Aldiko, Adobe Digital Editions and Kindle devices and Kindle apps.

Book Summary

Tessa Howard didn’t believe in Fate. Nor did she believe in miracles. Yet, a spur of the moment decision veers her life onto a collision course with a re-alignment of events that she has no control over, where only a miracle will save her. After a horrific car accident, one bizarre coincidence after another draws Tessa closer and closer to the surreal Sam Archer, until she is confronted with an unbelievable understanding, and an even more startling reality... Tessa's life is a cosmic battle between Fate and free will. 

Book Reviews

Review by: kym klein on Sep. 20, 2012
From the beginning of Embers of the Sun I immediately got a sense that everything was not as it appeared. It all felt kind of surreal, there was a mysterious feeling about Embers that drew me in.... But to go into any more detail about the story would risk revealing too much. The author's overall writing style was well constructed, compelling and engaging and is probably more suited to a younger reading audience, although sophisticated enough perhaps to appeal to a wider demographic. Story wise I enjoyed Embers very much. It has a very strong and unique plotline, the pacing is even and builds nicely to its' dramatic, and suprising conclusion. Chantal's depiction of events and locations is imaginative and evocative, and the character description in general is excellent. The admirably un-rushed narrative spends as much time on the detail as it does on the theatrical. Embers of the Sun is dramatic, thought provoking and witty with compelling dialogue, and without giving too much away, it will keep you guessing right up to the final page. Which all contribute to making Embers of the Sun a highly recommended read.

Review by: Alan Holt on Sep. 16, 2012

The title caught my eye and the story confirmed my belief in fate. A great story from the first page giving the reader a great deal to ponder over.

Review by: Trish Salter on Sep. 16, 2012

A great first novel - difficult to put down until the end. Very thought provoking when thinking it through after reading the last page

Review by: Cameron Salmond on Sep. 16, 2012

I really enjoyed this. I didn't see what was going to happen. The characters are really good, and love the humour! I had to read the last page a few times to figure out the final twist and got me thinking...

Review by: David Brendan on Sep. 16, 2012

Fantastic! Couldn't put it down... kept me guessing, then the final twist still has me wondering... fate or free will?

Available from:

www.smashwords.com
www.amazon.com
www.amazon.co.uk


Available soon on Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Diesel, Sony

Follow me @ Facebook - search for 'Embers Of The Sun'




No comments:

Post a Comment